From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-kbase@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kbase] A Gentoo Knowledge Base
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:50:38
1 On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 12:13:02AM +0300, R.I.P. wrote:
2 > I'd suggest to have possiblity of several solutions of the problem.
3 > Sometimes there is no good solution for the problem, but the number of
4 > dirty hacks with advantages and disadvantages in each.
5 > Another situation is when there is a problem with a certain version
6 > of software and there is two possible ways to solve it:
7 > 1. upgrade to possibly unstable but newer version in which the problem
8 > doesn't exist
9 > 2. Fix the problem
10 > In some cases 1st variant will be suitable, in others 2nd.
11
12 Mind you that bug solutions shouldn't be reported in the KB. Bugs are
13 reported in Bugzilla, and over time they will resolve themselves (in the
14 majority of the cases by a simple update of the system).
15
16 The KB should, imo, focus on the many questions you read on #gentoo and in
17 the forums that are still valid questions in 1 year (or later).
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen
23 Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org