From: Erick M <balkira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Problems when more than one application uses sound
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:43:36
1 hi Marcus,
2
3 would you mind showing us the content of your /etc/asoundrc?
4 I am quite interested by the subject.
5
6 Thanks for your time and comprehension
7
8 Best Regards,
9
10 Erick
11
12 On 6/1/06, Marcus Priesch <marcus@××××××××××××.at> wrote:
13 >
14 > Hi,
15 >
16 > ALSA sould be capable of this - for me it just works with recent drivers
17 > (2.6.12++) - also remember that you can uses alsa's ~/.asoundrc to
18 > define software mixers and virtual soundcards - there is an example for
19 > a SW mixer on the alsa home page - try looking for the .asoundrc
20 > documentation ...
21 >
22 > note that i managed to create 4 virtual mono (stereo mixed together)
23 > soundcards using one terratec 5.1 pci card with a special hand
24 > crafted .asoundrc (in my case it was /etc/asoundrc, as it was for the
25 > complete system)
26 >
27 > just my2c & good luck,
28 > mexx.