From: Marcus Priesch <marcus@××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Problems when more than one application uses sound
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:32:12
1 Hi,
2
3 ALSA sould be capable of this - for me it just works with recent drivers
4 (2.6.12++) - also remember that you can uses alsa's ~/.asoundrc to
5 define software mixers and virtual soundcards - there is an example for
6 a SW mixer on the alsa home page - try looking for the .asoundrc
7 documentation ...
8
9 note that i managed to create 4 virtual mono (stereo mixed together)
10 soundcards using one terratec 5.1 pci card with a special hand
11 crafted .asoundrc (in my case it was /etc/asoundrc, as it was for the
12 complete system)
13
14 just my2c & good luck,
15 mexx.