From: Jordi Molina <warp3r@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo + T40?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 10:18:23
First of all,

Centrino CPU speed should be handled by a speed governor daemon  (have
a look at the ACPI guide at

Keep in mind that if you want to have battery for more time, it's
normal that this daemon reduces the CPU if its not used, the same
daemon will raise up the speed as soon as the current speed becames
too low (compiling, i.e.)

So, my recommendations:
- Set up an speed governor
- Get information about how Centrino platform works
- Enjoy :)