From: Erik Falor <ewfalor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Finally, a fix for bug #335418, now what?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:03:40
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:14:07AM +0100, Marijn wrote:
2 > Hi Erik,
3 >
4 > I notice that the SRC_URI contains an explicit version. Ideally we
5 > shouldn't have to adjust it once 4.7.1 and 4.8.0 come out. Would ${PV}
6 > not accomplish that?
7
8 ${PV} does accomplish that. Thank you for pointing this out.
9
10 > I also notice that the ebuild still unsets some variables (A ARCH). I
11 > consider it a bug if this is necessary. Have you checked whether it is
12 > still necessary? If so what is the state of fixing portage so we don't
13 > need to do this unsetting?
14
15 Unfortunately, this step is still necessary as those variables are
16 still in conflict with the Makefiles.
17
18 I was not aware that there had been any discussion by the portage devs
19 about this issue. The only bug I could find is #127560 - is that the
20 effort you are talking about? Or are you suggesting that we file a
21 new bug?
22
23 > Otherwise looks good.
24 >
25 > Marijn
26
27 If you feel good about just the ${PV} fix, I'll check this in to the
28 overlay tonight.
31 Erik Falor
32 Registered Linux User #445632 http://linuxcounter.net

chicken-4.7.0.ebuild text/plain