From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nomination of Alec Warner (antarus) for the Trustee Election
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:02:28
1 On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:52 AM Matthew Thode
2 <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > The board has been unable to secure financial or legal representation.
5 > This is not true, Robbin was talking to a CPA, that CPA recently moved
6 > however. Our lawyer hasn't changed in a long time either.
7
8 Well, the CPA has yet to file a tax return.
9
10 > The board has been unable to raise monies to effectively pay for correct
11 > operation of the nonprofit.
12 > I'm not sure what you mean, but we receive a bit more money than we
13 > spend every year...
14
15 Sure, but you're not operating correctly.
16
17 > The other points have some validity to them though. Currently our tax
18 > burden is unknown (because of the CPA moving unfortunately).
19
20 This is hardly a recent development.
23 > As to your plan, I'd ask the community to vote on it before going
24 > forward as this is a dissolution of the group they are a part of. I
25 > wouldn't block it though.
26
27 Presumably people get to vote for/against him as a proxy for this, but
28 he already indicated that this would require global votes as well. If
29 you don't want him to enact his diabolical plans it is probably best
30 not to vote for him. I didn't check the candidate count but if there
31 is no election then he has about as much of a mandate for shutting
32 things down as many past trustees have had for keeping it going...
35 Rich