From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nomination of Alec Warner (antarus) for the Trustee Election
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:52:47
1 On 18-07-12 09:55:32, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Yes.
3 >
4 > I've attached my platform[0] on what I plan to do if elected and how I plan
5 > to vote.
6 >
7 > -A
8 >
9 > [0] https://dev.gentoo.org/~antarus/AntarusBoardPlatform.pdf
10 >
11 > On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 5:40 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
12 > wrote:
13 >
14 > > Do you accept?
15 > >
16 > > --
17 > > Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
20 I'm just going to point out the things I disagree with (and think are
21 wrong).
22
23 The board has been unable to secure financial or legal representation.
24 This is not true, Robbin was talking to a CPA, that CPA recently moved
25 however. Our lawyer hasn't changed in a long time either.
26
27 The board has been unable to find insurance (for Directors and Officers)
28 We received a quote for D&O insurance but it was too expensive (1k a
29 month iirc).
30
31 The board has been unable to raise monies to effectively pay for correct
32 operation of the nonprofit.
33 I'm not sure what you mean, but we receive a bit more money than we
34 spend every year...
35
36 The other points have some validity to them though. Currently our tax
37 burden is unknown (because of the CPA moving unfortunately). We do have
38 trouble retaining Trustees (with how much we are badmouthed by council I
39 wonder why...).
40
41 As to your plan, I'd ask the community to vote on it before going
42 forward as this is a dissolution of the group they are a part of. I
43 wouldn't block it though.
46 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)