From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nomination of Alec Warner (antarus) for the Trustee Election
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:11:48
1 On 18-07-12 12:02:14, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:52 AM Matthew Thode
3 > <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > The board has been unable to secure financial or legal representation.
6 > > This is not true, Robbin was talking to a CPA, that CPA recently moved
7 > > however. Our lawyer hasn't changed in a long time either.
8 >
9 > Well, the CPA has yet to file a tax return.
12 Sure, but the original claim was false. That's all I'm saying.
13
14 > > The board has been unable to raise monies to effectively pay for correct
15 > > operation of the nonprofit.
16 > > I'm not sure what you mean, but we receive a bit more money than we
17 > > spend every year...
18 >
19 > Sure, but you're not operating correctly.
22 Also arguable. But that was not the claim.
23
24 > > The other points have some validity to them though. Currently our tax
25 > > burden is unknown (because of the CPA moving unfortunately).
26 >
27 > This is hardly a recent development.
30 Yes, we should have moved faster, not arguing that.
33 > > As to your plan, I'd ask the community to vote on it before going
34 > > forward as this is a dissolution of the group they are a part of. I
35 > > wouldn't block it though.
36 >
37 > Presumably people get to vote for/against him as a proxy for this, but
38 > he already indicated that this would require global votes as well. If
39 > you don't want him to enact his diabolical plans it is probably best
40 > not to vote for him. I didn't check the candidate count but if there
41 > is no election then he has about as much of a mandate for shutting
42 > things down as many past trustees have had for keeping it going...
45 There will be at least a first pass election no mater the candidate
46 count. The second election, if we don't have enough trustees above the
47 re-open nomination option, will be run.
50 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)