From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nomination - Tom Gall
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:30:45
On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 14:17 -0600, Brent Baude wrote:
snip ...
> To me, Tom is not over committed to his Gentoo projects and > will therefore have the necessary time to invest in his Trustee > responsibilities. > > Tom is married with two children and is also the mayor of the town > where he lives ( So I can assure you he is > skilled at working amongst teams where consensus-driven decision making > is required.
First off, wow, we have a mayor as a dev :) Second the paragraph above is kinda contradictory. In a good way, sure he isn't wearing to many Gentoo hats. But dude sure has allot in real life. I can't say I know dude or have heard of him. But hard to deny seconding a nomination like that :) So as long as nominees can second others, I second this nomination. Tom would be a valued asset on the board of trustees. Thanks for the nomination, not sure if he would have been otherwise. We need more like him to be nominated. If we have people with such skills already involved with the project. Let's just hope Tom accepts the nomination. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Gentoo/amd64/Java

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nomination - Tom Gall Tom Gall <tgall@g.o>