From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 02:11:36
"William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> said:
> On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 01:47 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote: > > > What happens if infra decided we need to buy our SSL certs rather than > > > free from CACert? What happens if hardware we own dies and we have to > > > buy a replacement? What happens if the council wants to do new things, > > > request is made to infra, but funds are there to make such request > > > happen? > > > > The usual, somebody steps up for providing those if interested. > > Ok so if infra was polled right now. Would they say they have all they > need. Or let's go one further all they would like. > > FYI, I am about to start removing FreeBSD keywords. Since there is no > one doing keywording there anymore. I am held up on some things I need > to do on the Java front for months now. Do we have any infra maintained > FreeBSD boxes available for our developers. Like we do for other archs?
How is this related at all to the current discussion? Perhaps you should contact the developers that are trying to get Gentoo/FreeBSD going.
> > Usually sponsorship or just the improvements they are bound to give back > > due gpl. We are not doing this for money, you know? > > Yes, but we require $ to do what we do now. Gentoo doesn't happen for > free either. Again with all this time people are giving. If we had no > where to commit our code then? Or means to email each other like now.
So are we going to start paying developers too? Having money for Gentoo should be to just help out where we can't get sponsors to do so. There is no way Gentoo will ever be able to pay all of its expenses. I'm not sure if that's what you are going for, but if so, I can't see how it will ever happen.
> I think we already have clear abuses of volunteers and their time. Not > sure why you think we are much different or better than them.
How are we abusing our volunteers and their time? -- Mark Loeser email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com web -

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>