From: desultory <desultory@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Alternative methods for determining 'interest in Foundation affairs'
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 03:53:30
1 On 09/06/19 09:13, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2019-09-06 at 05:11 -0700, Raymond Jennings wrote:
3 >> Considering that the undertakers attempted recently to involuntarily retire
4 >> a developer in spite of said developer's objection, and that said motion
5 >> was only stopped by direct intervention from the council, I believe I have
6 >> a good reason to advocate caution in regards to social procedures.
7 >
8 > This is not only an off-topic but also a blatant lie.
11 Might I remind you that the description which you are calling a "blatant
12 lie" is more diplomatically phrased than previous comments on the matter
13 [1] by someone who was on the council at the time of the incident in
14 question and who remains so presently? As such, it seems less a "blatant
15 lie" and more a "politely phrased description of an apparently common
16 impression".
17
18 As for it being "off-topic", this entire discussion is in regards to
19 maintaining an accurate and up to date voter rolls for the Foundation,
20 which you specifically advocate maintaining by requiring that all
21 Foundation members be active Gentoo developers. The logical connection
22 to the topic at hand seems, to borrow a term, blatantly obvious.
23
24 In short, do kindly tone down the hyperbole, it has long since
25 dissociated from factual reality and that is a decidedly unproductive state.
26
27 [1]
28 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/e659564c6377eef8f44d75ef666dd56a