From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] How to improve the trustees
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:31:20
OK, I'm starting a new thread here to try to discuss some things the
trustees can do to improve both visibility and also attempt to
ensure/promote progress within the Foundation.  Please chime in with
your own ideas.

- Regular meetings - The trustees should have a regular monthly meeting
to discuss progress, preferably the first week of the month (for GMN).

- Regular GMN section - I think that both the Council and the trustees
should have a section each for summaries of their latest meetings.  This
should relay information about what is happening to the developer pool
and the community, in general.

- Named positions - I also think that specifically putting certain
people into certain positions would possibly improve getting things
done.  For each position, there should be an alternate, so that we don't
end up relying on a single person.  This also breaks up the
responsibilities a bit so that the trustees and the community know what
responsibilities that each person should be working.  Positions that I
see that could/should be filled: President, Secretary, Treasurer

Those are my initial ideas.  Comments?

Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead
Games Developer