From: William Warren <support@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Trustee nominations
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:28:01
1 just because the bylaws have never been followed does not mean they
2 should be ignored.
3
4 Grant Goodyear wrote:
5 > Alec Warner wrote: [Thu Jan 24 2008, 01:24:10PM CST]
6 >> Grant,
7 >>
8 >> Do we follow the bylaws for 'who can be trustees'?
9 >
10 > No, because we never have. That's one of the reasons that the bylaws
11 > were never approved. Instead, we'll follow precedent: eligible voters
12 > are current members of the Foundation (anybody who has ever voted in a
13 > Trustee election) and any Gentoo dev who has been a dev during
14 > the last 365 days dated from the close of the election poll.
15 >
16 > -g2boojum-
19 My "Foundation" verse:
20 Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
21 every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
22 condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
23 righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
24
25 -- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
26 CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)
27
28 Linux user #322099
29 Machines:
30 206822