From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: William Warren <support@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Trustee nominations
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:37:29
1 William Warren wrote:
2 > just because the bylaws have never been followed does not mean they
3 > should be ignored.
6 I agree. Actually - to do otherwise may very well be illegal. I'm not
7 sure what the penalties are if any. If the bylaws are onerous they can
8 be changed, again following whatever process is stated in the bylaws, or
9 otherwise as proscribed by law.
10
11 Is there any reason not to do things by the book? What's the point of
12 having a legal entity if we're not going to follow the law? Unless of
13 course the law allows the foundation to just ignore its bylaws...
14 --
15 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list