From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Social contract and its effect on vendors and service delivery.
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:51:20
1 On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 1:38 PM Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > > Is it against the social contract to purchase these CDN services?
7 >
8 > Not from my P.O.V when the origin itself is under full control.
9 >
10 > Also, would you plan to block direct access once you set up a CDN service,
11 > i.e. forcing everyone to use CDN services or would you still allow people
12 > to hit services directly? For the latter it's just an additional offer so I
13 > wouldn't expect any problems (isn't it the same like being present on
14 > GitHub?).
17 I don't believe we have any rationale for restricting traffic in the way
18 you describe, so no we would not force traffic to transit the CDN to the
19 origin.
20
21 -A
26 > --
27 > Regards,
28 > Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
29 > fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5