From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [gentoo-nfp] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018 - update1
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 00:01:15
1 On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
2 wrote:
5 > What I'd like to see (not fully thought out and all) is the following.
6 >
7 > CoC is not enforced on the list by comrel, but comrel can report what
8 > they beleive to be CoC violations to the Trustees. The Trustees can
9
10 take action if they believe necessary.
13 We will see if this post goes through. I was just re-banned on
14 gentoo-project: https://bugs.gentoo.org/653338 . This appears retaliatory.
15
16 Matt, I think you are perfectly capable of moderating a low-volume mailing
17 list.
18
19 ComRel makes things worse. They don't participate in or moderate the
20 conversation. They are like a modern mailing-list gestapo -- when called,
21 they swoop in, attack the "reported on" party, and threaten to ban them.
22 Also, it is wholly inappropriate to have ComRel banning me while I try to
23 point out issues with ComRel. This is fascism, where they are just using
24 their 'policing' capability, which is supposed to bring civility, to go
25 after those who oppose them.
26
27 Furthermore, their meddling in Foundation matters is illegal. They have no
28 authority to "moderate" me on Gentoo Foundation infrastructure. Under New
29 Mexico Statute 53-8-98, it is an unauthorized assumption of corporate
30 power. "All persons who assume to act as a corporation without authority so
31 to do shall be jointly and severally liable for all debts and liabilities
32 incurred or arising as a result thereof." They have no authority. They are
33 meddling in areas where they have absolutely no scope.
34
35 The Foundation absolutely requires the ability to communicate with its
36 members without interference by ComRel and rogue developers. Right now,
37 ComRel is attempting to disrupt this ability.
38
39 Rich, you actually seem like a nice person but I tend to have a strong
40 negative reaction to nearly everything you post due to its tangential
41 nature and the fact that you seem to make even the most basic things
42 incredibly complex. *The Foundation is capable of moderating a mailing
43 list*!!! And ComRel has no authority here.
44
45 -Daniel