From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins, leadership, etc.
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:47:09
1 On Wednesday 16 January 2008 08:16:23 pm William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > I can see you haven't check the archive huh. Where were you months ago?
3
4 this time last year I was reading gentoo-dev having the same conversation.
5
6 6 months ago I stopped reading when I lost my internet connection. 5-ish days
7 ago I found out dan had made an offer to take control again which he hadn't
8 done before. today I subscribed to dev and nfp lists.
9
10 > Are you following bugs to support that comment?
11 nope and I didn't think I needed to take statistics on updates a few years ago
12 either. nor would I have knowing i was going to be having this conversation
13 now. besides a bug to track less ebuilds being released would have received
14 the same criticism I'm now receiving... and been marked invalid.
15
16 > Sorry but we don't need drama like that.To date the media is playing on
17 > and reporting drama.
18 really... well stop the drama then... I for one would like to see results...
19 like I said almost the same conversation last year this time... and still the
20 same problems...
21
22 A year ago Dan joined as a dev and then left. He did not at that time offer to
23 take control, even when asked by some. Now he has offered.
24
25 anyways I'm tired of this prove that change is needed argument... the fact
26 that a sizable number of intelligent people think something is wrong,
27 suggests that something is wrong.
28 --
29 Caleb Cushing
30
31 PGP keys available on key server
32 wwwkeys.us.pgp.net
33
34 Due to low Internet availability I may not check
35 my email more than once a week, and thus cannot
36 guarantee a response time.