From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Points to Ponder for Sundays Meeting.
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:16:13

On 2008.04.19 00:30, Chris Gianelloni wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 00:19 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote: > > As I see it today, we need a set of bylaws that we can live with as > > soon as we can get them, then develop the bylaws as we develop the > > Foundation. > > OK, than allow me to suggest that the current proposal for gaining > membership is fine, but I dislike the timeout. I don't think that > someone should be forced to remain a developer just to be a > Foundation member.
Agreed. That was not the intent. We do need a time out of some sort or the sheer numbers of inactive members will make it impossible to get quorate members meetings.
> > Perhaps if it were worded more so that it allowed for someone to > retain > their status only if they vote. That should be close enough to the > current way things are without forcing people out.
I'm a little uncomfortable with that as it would mean identifying votes with individuals. Not publicly but that information would have to be knowable if membership were tied to voting. What about having retired devs apply for membership annually ? The idea here being able to keep individual votes secret. I certainly don't want to forcibly retire active foundation members.