From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 19:43:49
1 On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 3:25 PM Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:32:29AM -0400, Aaron Bauman wrote:
4 > > I am not sure why we would propose this to the general membership? This is a
5 > > matter for those elected to consider. Of course, the general membership should
6 > > be notified of how these things are being handled, what the significance is, and
7 > > how each course of action was considered.
8 > Intent matters here. If you have a voluntary filing, what do your
9 > personal code of ethics say about it? "Always do every optional thing"
10 > vs "do only what's actually required"
11
12 Honestly, if people care about which option is chosen, they should
13 vote for candidates who already support that option, and if there
14 aren't enough of those running they should consider running
15 themselves.
16
17 IMO it makes no sense to elect a bunch of people who are enthusiastic
18 about option A, and then tell them that they have to run the
19 organization using option B. That seems like a great way to end up
20 having everything done to the minimum requirements, if that.
21
22 If the general membership want things done a certain way, they ought
23 to elect a board that is enthusiastic about doing things in that
24 manner, that way it actually gets done properly.
27 Rich