From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: reopen nominations
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 01:40:19
1 On 18-04-15 19:29:54, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
3 > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
4 > > we haven't had too many candidates
5 >
6 > What does that have to do with candidates not being suitable for the
7 > position they're trying to be elected for?
8 >
9 > To sum up, we're forced to vote for candidates we don't want to vote
10 > for because there's no way we can not vote for them, and not voting is
11 > also not an option since if we don't vote twice in a row we lose our
12 > foundation membership. If it has to be a rigged election I'd rather
13 > not be forced to approve of it.
16 The positions in question are for a business office. AFAIK the
17 posisitions NEED to be filled. The only way I see this working is if
18 those already in those positions stay until the election completes.
19
20 There is an out if you are not satisfied with the current Trustees.
21 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Bylaws#Section_5.6._Resignation_and_Removal_of_Trustees
22
23 If you want to see change I welcome you to stand up at nomination time.
26 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)