From: exg@g.o
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] some portage-prefix patches
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:07:32
> [01-defaultpath.patch] (minor) > Also add "${prefix}/lib/portage/bin" to DEFAULT_PATH, to simplify the > bootstrap process.
I do not see how it can aid bootstrap.
> [02-ebuildenv-ROOT.patch] (minor) > Moved trailing 'os.sep' from EDEST to ROOT.
What is it needed for?
> [03-eprefix-function.patch] (normal) > Well, eprefix() was not yet present in 2.1.14, but may be already > somewhere in svn (if it exists somewhere). > To get this yet trivial implementation work, [10-portageq-root.patch] is > required.
What is a constant function that always returns the value of EPREFIX if the input pkg is in the vdb useful for?
> [04-interactive-ebuild.patch] (enhancement) > The most interesting one: Add interactive-feature to portage, usage: > FEATURES=interactive emerge package > FEATURES=interactive ebuild package.ebuild [unpack|compile|install|...]
This is not prefix specific; you should send it to the gentoo-portage-dev mailing list.
> [11-rpath-autofix.patch] (normal) > Do the "Auto fixing rpath" thing for to-be-merged files, not for already > merged ones.
> [12-readonly-tree.patch] (normal) > Fix situations where the ebuild cannot be copied twice if tree is > readonly. Maybe the second ebuild-cp could be removed.
> [05-checked-binaries.patch] (normal) > Use the binaries figured out by configure for sandbox/bash/mv/prelink.
No, we want a path lookup for those to have some flexibility, especially for bash.
> [08-cnf-typo.patch] (minor) > Just a typo in cnf/, which prevents installation of > PREFIX/etc/make.conf.example
> [09-wget-bootstrap.patch] (minor) > Use the wget found by configure, not PREFIX/usr/bin/wget per default in > make.globals. This makes bootstrap easier.
I do not see how, given that we bootstrap wget too.