From: "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:39:06
1 > Sounds like you should read:
2
3 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/macos/targets.xml
4
5 > If I'm not mistaken, you want the "Darwin Portage"-type setup. If you
6 > read the "Road Map" section, you will see that it's been decided to
7 > head in the "Gentoo Portage for Mac OS X" direction (i.e. prefix).
8
9 > I'm sure that no one would object if you decided to head up your own
10 > "Darwin Portage" project, as there would be some overlap.
11
12 I don't think I have the time or will to implement my own Gentoo subproject.
13 If a prefix based approach is implemented, I think I will have to switch to
14 Fink or DarwinPorts, where at least exist a _fixed_ prefix, where I can
15 depend upon.
16 I would regret this, because I still think that Gentoo in its current form
17 is the more "pure" approach.
18 My ideal would still be to implement a thing like a unionfs which allows
19 clean overriding of system level libraries.
20
21 Regards
22 Dirk
28 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list