From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 3 branch could use some reviewing
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:44:11
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:31:26 +0200
Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>: > > I think I've removed all the TODO items and included everything > > that's on the "possible" list for EAPI 3 now. I'd appreciate it if > > people could give this a review before I send it to -dev@ and the > > Council. > > As far as I can see the commits are ok, although I wonder if "a use > dependency" is correct. I learned at school that "an" is used in > front of vowels, though I may have missed the exceptions because of > sleeping in class.
It's how you pronounce it, not how you spell it. A yoose dependency, an x-ray.
> The explanations of the slot operators are a bit hard to read, maybe > rephrasing (and splitting in more sentences) is the way to go here.
I suspect those're hard to read because people are expecting a user-centric description of what they're for, rather than a package manager centric description of how they behave.
> Also I wonder if doexample and doinclude are good additions, but I > have no strong opinion about it.
Yeah, dunno if they'll make the final cut.
> Another thing: You should use \featurelabel not in a separate line > but at the beginning of the fist line or at the end of the paragraph > you want to mark, currently the margin marks aren't perfect.
> > 725d5ae..1c311de is formatting for the new margin labels thing. > > This'll hopefully get modified before we go live with it. > > You want the page layout patches beforehand?
I'd prefer to get decent page layout things in earlier rather than later if possible please. -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 3 branch could use some reviewing Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>