From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Cc: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Rephrasing *DEPEND
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 13:15:59
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 02:13:35 -0700
Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:

> On 06/12/2011 01:18 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote: > >>>>>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011, Michał Górny wrote: > > > >> True. How about pkg_setup()? Shall we assume RDEPEND are there or > >> rely on @system only? > > > > IIUC, with Portage's breaking of dependency cycles there's no > > absolute guarantee that packages in RDEPEND will be available in > > pkg_*. > > It would be more accurate to say that it's guaranteed except for cases > in which circular dependencies make it impossible to guarantee.
This or other words, this makes this an unreliable feature. So, right now, users can't assume anything specific about dependencies being installed in pkg_*? Doesn't this make it actually impossible to call the installed application in pkg_postinst()? -- Best regards, Michał Górny

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] Rephrasing *DEPEND Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-pms] Rephrasing *DEPEND Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>