From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Re: kdebuild-1 conditionals
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:06:46
1 On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:35:21 -0800
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > PMS cannot be ran in such a way that one person stonewalling is
4 > able to hold up the majority's will. That's always been a flaw w/
5 > how it was managed and has impacted the resultant spec several times
6 > over.
7
8 The majority were about to go and mandate an mtime solution that
9 couldn't be used for compiled python modules. We should be going with
10 what's right, not with the majority. Ramming something through on a
11 majority is a last resort that should only be taken if a solution
12 that's acceptable to everyone cannot be reached.
13
14 And again:
15
16 What's wrong with doing a careful, phased withdrawal of kdebuild-1?
17
18 > Also, unless I'm on crack, the person leading PMS is fauli- I'd
19 > expect he's the one who can pull the veto trick, not you.
20
21 If *anyone* has any objections to patches, we resolve those objections
22 before proceeding.
25 Ciaran McCreesh