From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [Patch] Repoman rewrite stage2 modularization conversion complete
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 19:38:39
1 On 03/15/2016 12:04 PM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 18:04:56 -0700
3 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
6 >>> The only consumer for that allvalid variable is the metadata
7 >>> UnusedCheck class.
8 >>>
9 >>> So the allvalid variable is True until found False
10 >>> by whichever checks along the way find it to be False. Like a fuse,
11 >>> it's good until it's blown, then it can never be good again. I
12 >>> don't think this particular variable justifies a special class that
13 >>> more fully mimics a fuse. Impossible to reset it like a breaker.
14 >>
15 >> Yeah, let's do it. It's a great opportunity to add clarity to the
16 >> code, and prevent future goofs.
19 > Done, it is now dynamic_data['validity_fuse'] which is a Fuse instance.
20
21 Nice, thank you!
22
23 We can also use Fuse for the 'can_force' boolean, right?
24 --
25 Thanks,
26 Zac