From: Scott Taylor <security@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Feature request
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:43:21
1 I've even got a dedicated cache appliance for http, but files that had
2 been requested through ftp aren't cached there. I think probably the
3 first stopgap that i'd apply would be to comment out the line that
4 parses the "nomirror" option. If its used to keep files from being
5 pushed onto the rotation servers, great... but its an annoyance within
6 my network. Then i'd see about making my own server the first in the
7 list of sourceforge mirrors, followed by a mirror that i know works
8 better for me. Perhaps the mirrorselect tool could automatically check
9 for good sf.net servers too. For that matter, I'd quite like to see a
10 fill-in-the-blank line plus the ability to choose the order from within
11 mirrorselect... perhaps even a order of preference that round-robins
12 equally weighted servers.
13