From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: sbansal@××××××××.edu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Re: Disabling "strip" in Emerge
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 00:29:04
1 On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:24:44 -0800 (PST) Sorav Bansal
2 <sbansal@××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 | Hence, any project that calls install -s will be troublesome for me.
4 | Anyways, I really appreciate your help. In case you have any
5 | suggestions on how to get around the install -s problem, that would be
6 | great!
7
8 As I recall from when we first started messing around with cross
9 compiling (we couldn't get strip to work...) the easiest way is to make
10 strip a symlink to /bin/true...
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm