From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Conary
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:46:40
1 On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:52:16 +0200, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
2 > Actually it's part of Portage (at least until .51_rc9), but that's
3 > nitpicking :)
4 yup:
5 server / # qpkg -f /usr/sbin/dispatch-conf
6 sys-apps/portage *
7
8 What do you mean until .51_rc9? -- will it be included in .51?
9 There's no way in hell I'm moving back to etc-update -- and frankly, I
10 dont see how anyone can tolerate it :)
11
12 > Some issues with binary releases are covered by a document that rac has on
13 > his dev page. It's not the official Gentoo policy, but it does make you
14 > think about it :)
15 >
16 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~rac/binaries.html
17 Personally, I find binary packages on gentoo perfect for my use. I
18 have several computers on the network, all running gentoo with no gcc
19 or any header files. I then have an offline machine that gets
20 everything compiled and put on a shared /usr/portage for all the
21 machines to just emerge -k simultaneously.
22
23 That way when I emerge something, I can review the config files, add
24 some custom options and some fancy polish and quickpkg will bundle
25 everything together all pre-configured.
28 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list