From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] how portage overrides CFLAGS?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:14:49
1 On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 03:04 +0200, neon (Luca) wrote:
2 > I'm writing a little script that recompiles packages with different
3 > CFLAGS (from the ones in make.conf)
4 > But there are some packages (like gcc) that keep overriding CFLAGS with
5 > their own CFLAGS.
6 > My question is: how can i individuate those packages? i want to filter them.
7 > It's something related with "inherit flag-o-matic"? can i ignore ebuilds
8 > wich contain this line or some of them don't override CFLAGS? gcc's
9 > ebuild hasn't flag-o-matic but it overrides CFLAGS.
10 > now i'm controlling /var/db/pkg/pack-cat/pack-name/INHERITED and if it
11 > contains flag-o-matic i filter the package but i'm not sure this is the
12 > good way.
13
14 flag-o-matic provide functions to filter the cflags, but other flags.
15 You could grep the ebuild that use flag-o-matic for those functions and
16 find out (by the parameters) which flags has been filtered and see from
17 the results if a particular package is should be re-emerged.
18
19 > any suggestions?
20 >
21 > thanks and sorry for my bad english.
22
23 Your welcome, sorry for mine ;p
24
25 Kristian