From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:08:04
1 On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:01:15 +0900
2 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I don't think there's really anything else that can be done for
7 > 2.0.53 so am thinking that we should probably push _rc7 + docs out
8 > and let the arch teams mark it stable when they're ready (or stick
9 > with 2.0.51.22-r3 if it pleaseth them).
10 >
11 > We should put out a 2.0.54_pre1 out soon after that. What I'm
12 > wondering in is what will be going in? So far I'm thinking along the
13 > lines of:
14 >
15 > * cache rewrite
16 > * exec cleanup
17 > * ldconfig fix
18 > * sha1 enabling
19 >
20 > The only other new thing in trunk that I know of is logging but
21 > there's still a question mark over the ordering of messages... Can
22 > that be resolved soon? Anything else missing? Any reasons against any
23 > of the above?
24
25 Resolved how? I'm not really sure I understood the original problem
26 (other than listdir being underdeterministic in theory).
27
28 > What's on the map for after that? There's a few things listed on the
29 > new (still unreleased?) project index and I'm looking to get the
30 > dependency stuff refactored and moved out of emerge.. What are the
31 > shortterm goals?
32
33 - the pycrypto hash additions (for .54)
34 - Manifest2 verification support (need the GLEP first so the format is
35 sanctioned). Technically it's complete, just generation is still
36 unfinished. (so a "maybe" for .54 depending on the timeframe)
37 - Killing off auto-use+USE_ORDER?
38 - the recursive grab* functions I just posted (for .54)
39 - addition of auxget/metascan tools (could be for .54)
40 - integration of set modules, either as emerge targets (requires
41 serious gutting of emerge) or a first-class atoms (semantically
42 tricky, no clue about implementation yet)
43
44 Marius
49 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
50 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.