From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Updated Portage project page
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:31:58
1 On Wednesday 03 December 2003 11:22, Jason Mobarak wrote:
2
3 > Following the "plugin" or component architecture, this would probably fall
4 > under an output component, I'd love to see different CLI and GUI interfaces
5 > easily facilitated by the componentized design. These interfaces could be
6 > alternatives to "emerge" and support options such as --verbose.
7 >
8 > There is an issue of the progress of package compilation is estimated.
9
10 More I read about portage-ng, more I'm convinced that twisted should be used
11 (as i said in a post a few days ago). I worked on a project for 6 months
12 based on twisted framework (an asynchronous expert system, using data flows
13 from database and fuzzy logic). I can open the source.
14
15 That's just an idea. I will be on hollidays next week, I will have time to
16 create a prototype showing twisted in a portage-ng-like tool. Just tell me if
17 you are interrested to see a running demo !
20 Philippe
24 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list