From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] LTS branch of Portage
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 17:16:19
1 On Tue, 2021-10-05 at 17:13 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > > 2. What happens to the LTS branch when the next EAPI is released?
6 > I haven't really thought about it. Are you suggesting that we could
7 > bump 'master' Portage to newer EAPI earlier or...?
10 I just mean that, a priori, the LTS branch won't be able to install
11 ebuilds that use the next EAPI. Backporting an entire EAPI doesn't seem
12 appropriate for a stable series; but maintaining an increasingly-
13 obsolete branch at that point doesn't make much sense either.