To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Security and Comparison of Portage with other Package Managers
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 19:14:49
1 > I used the footnote numbers to reference the attacks.
2
3 I am afraid, this might cause some confusion. The numbers you have used
4 won't stay stable. Those were autogenerated numbers of footnotes. As
5 footnotes change, these numbers change. To keep your post
6 understandable, I created a snapshot before modifying footnotes:
7 http://www.webcitation.org/6Wo9Cb2ox
8
9 However, numbers (1), (2), (3), etc. that won't be automatically
10 changed, have just been added now.
11
12 Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina:
13 > webrsync-gpg would
14 > appear to mitigate
15
16 Actually, I was aware of it. The issue is, signing is not everything.
17 Signatures need a validity range. Otherwise mirrors can also show half a
18 year etc. old signatures that are valid. See also:
19 http://blog.ganneff.de/blog/2008/09/23/valid-until-field-in-release-f.html
20
21 > attacks 3, 11, and 12.
22
23 There was no attack 3. Now, before we talk past each other, would you
24 mind to repost by referencing attack by name or by their new, "real"
25 numbers?
26
27 Cheers,
28 Patrick