From: tom <listbox@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] working Old World Linux Mac
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:22:31
1 Josh McCormack wrote:
2 > Did you use an image like this one?
3 > .../pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/1.4_rc1/ppc/stage1-ppc-1.4_rc1.tbz2
4 > <http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/1.4_rc1/ppc/stage1-ppc-1.4_rc1.tbz2>
7 > I found 1.4_rc1 and 1.4_rc3 (in a rc2 directory) and experimental ones.
8 >
9 > Is there a special way to burn this onto a CD? I'm burning on Windows,
10 > and I don't think I did it right.
11
12 I used an iso from the experimental directory:
15 http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/experimental/ppc/livecd/livecd-ppc-281202.iso
16
17 I used this as the system image to boot into. You just have to burn the
18 CD as a raw image file. The .tbz2 files are the stages that you make
19 into your new gentoo system. You boot into the system on the LiveCD,
20 partition your disks, make your filesystems, set up your network, and
21 extract your stage tarball onto said filesystems. Then you are able to
22 chroot into your baby system and (for stage1) bootstrap. The docs for
23 1.2 are pretty much applicable, and much more in depth than I am :)
24
25 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-ppc-install.xml
26
27 HTH,