From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: tom <listbox@×××××××.net>, gentoo-ppc-user@g.o, Josh McCormack <joshmccormack@××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] working Old World Linux Mac
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:28:57
1 On January 26, 2003 02:11 am, tom wrote:
2 > REQUEST TO ANY PACKAGERS:
3 > we oldworld users want quik instead of yaboot - thank you debian
6 quik is in portage, were there problems with it? We don't suggest quik as a
7 default as on some machines with broken OF it doesn't work right (my
8 wallstreet for example), and for many people playing in OF is not a simple
9 option unless they have a serial terminal handy ;)
10
11 > also, my ancient twinturbo video driver was not built by default in the
12 > build of X, so I grabbed a binary module from debian which has worked
13 > fine. I love apt-get, but for me, the optimized compiles have made
14 > gentoo the distro for me.
15
16 Can you file a bug on this at bugs.gentoo.org please?
17