From: Praveen C <cpraveen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Unable to boot Linux 2.4 on iBook G4
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 07:17:41
1 I have used speedfreq but I did not notice any difference on the cpu
2 temperature.
3
4 I did not know that pbbuttonsd could control cpu frequency. I cannot
5 find anything in the man pages.
6
7 > My iBook G4 is runnig 2.6 and I am (almost) absolutely happy with
8 > it. Most important is that it is put to sleep (almost) properly.
9 >
10 > To reduce the heat just emerge speedfreq and pbbuttonsd and
11 > configure pbbuttons properly to use dynamic pcu frequency scaling
12 > also when on AC. So the iBook will run at 599Mhz when it is idle.
13 > I even noticed that my iBook obviously has a fan, that never
14 > started in OSX but starts rotating heavily e.g. when I start
15 > compiling.
16 > >
17 > If you experience great difficulties configuring your system the
18 > way I described, just contact me, I can share my configs to you or
19 > to the list, but right now I got to do some studying.
22 > :wq
23 > --
24 > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
30 http://pc.freeshell.org