From: Phil Cryer <phil@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo 1-4.rc7 LiveCD on a 350Mhz iMac - X trouble
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:08:31
I downloaded and burned the live GentooPPC with Gnome.  Tried it out on my
daughters 350Mhz (slot loading) iMac with 512Megs RAM.  Disk boots up fine and
get's into Gentoo (so nice to see on her little iMac), but once I get done
running Xeasyconf, I can't get X running.  No screens found regardless of how
many times I try/retry to configure the video.  Does anyone have this running?
What settings were used?

It's very exciting to have this option, should be fun to start mailing my
Maconly friends some cdrs with this for them to try out.  I'm planning on trying
it out here at work today on a dual 800 box too.

Thanks

--
http://lefttochance.com/