From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: Lincoln Rutledge <lrutledge@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] bootstrap install from hfs partition?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:14:56
1 At 08:57 -0400 on 2004-8-17 Lincoln Rutledge wrote:
2 >
3 > Okay, sounds like the stage file is my root file system that I'll have
4 > after install?
5
6 Quite accurate, also see the other popst answering your question for a
7 bit more detail, and do read the said Gentoo Handbook. It does have
8 some limitations, but it is the most complete document out there.
9
10 > This assumes I already have a Linux system running with networking. I
11 > have a chicken-or-egg problem here.
12
13 Unfortunately, you are right. I brought the whole thing up because
14 you mentioned a working Debian system on your machine, which will do
15 quite nicely. If not, I am sure you could consider installing some
16 minimal installation (in the swap partition maybe if disk space is an
17 issue) and take it all from there.
18
19 > This is above my head, but I can sit down with the handbook.
20
21 Yes, this is very advisable, it is a must in fact, one should read the
22 handbook before attemtping a Gentoo installation.
23
24 > Thanks Stefan, I'll look into it. :)
25
26 You are welcome, good luck.
27
28 Stefan
31 If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
32 it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
33 --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
36 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list