From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] logo reuse
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:19:30
1 On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 06:48:20PM +0200, Daniel Herzog wrote:
2 > So, when i understood correctly, the "owner" of the G-logo
3 > and "Gentoo" etc is at the moment changing from D. Robbins
4 > to the foundation.
5 > Because of this there are some unclear points untill everything
6 > got done, and discussed.
7 > And thitherto i cannot do anything besides waiting.
8 > Right? (I'm not best when i comes to legal stuff...)
9
10 Legally you should ask Daniel's permission or wait until it's transfered to
11 the Gentoo Foundation.
12
13 Informally, you could already start using the logo and have it adhere to
14 the guidelines drafted by the Gentoo Foundation.
15
16 Also, the use of our logo inside a modified logo for community, non-profit
17 use will also be allowed. A paragraph from a small discussion (that'll
18 probably make it in the draft guidelines):
19
20 """
21 For the "other logo" option, it depends for me. If it is a group that is
22 clearly only about gentoo and non-profit, I wouldn't mind for the G to be
23 quite prominent (for example a G with around it something like "Gentoo User
24 Group The Netherlands").
25 """
26
27 Wkr,