From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Meeting agenda - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 13:02:30
1 On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 16:44:47 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:46 PM, David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > >
7 > > So the funding is coming from the council? What will SPI use to pay
8 > > infra with?
9 >
10 > Presumably it would work similarly to the current state - we'd
11 > encourage people to donate via whatever organization we want the most
12 > money flowing into at the time. If we need more money in the
13 > Foundation bank account, we'd point donors to the Foundation. If we
14 > needed more money in some other bank account, we'd point donors to
15 > that one instead.
16
17 Wow. So, presumably, we'd be showing a great lack of professionalism to
18 potential donors by our inability to solve ridiculous internal
19 disputes and asking them to pick sides.
20 Budgeting and delegating management of it is what usually allows to
21 maintain each sub-entity bank account (or virtual bank account) on
22 tracks, but the requirement for this to work is to be able to agree
23 in the first place...