From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-05-14
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 17:30:33
1 On Wed, 01 May 2013 10:27:27 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > > It's necessary, and the way to convince developers is to stop
4 > > providing a nasty hack as a not-really-working alternative.
5 >
6 > As downstream packagers, do we or can we really expect to have that
7 > much influence of upstream developers? If the big binary distros are
8 > willing to package these things without complaints, then how likely
9 > is it that upstream developers will change their ways?
10
11 Big binary distros already deal with this problem...
14 Ciaran McCreesh