From: John Helmert III <ajak@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for nominees
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 18:58:18
1 On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 01:28:51PM -0500, John Helmert III wrote:
2 > Gentoo is a community project. The health of a community project
3 > relies on being controlled by that community. Many developers, and
4 > even council nominees, have employers who many may see as not having
5 > the best interest of open source communities at heart. Note that I do
6 > *not* think that one's employer makes them less valuable as a
7 > contributor, or even that developers employed by certain companies are
8 > unsuitable to be on council. Still, I think that it's important to
9 > keep in mind any potential conflicts of interest between Gentoo and
10 > one's employer.
11 >
12 > Thus, I have these questions for nominees:
13 >
14 > Does your employer use Gentoo? If elected to council, could this
15 > produce a conflict of interest between your employer and Gentoo? If
16 > so, how would you handle the conflict?
17
18 I'll start: I currently have no employer and thus can answer these
19 questions with "N/A".