From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 01:06:55
1 This is a request by two developers (and not by the council). But I
2 would like to answer one of your questions.
5 On Sun, Apr 8, 2018, at 19:11 CDT, zlg <zlg@g.o> wrote:
6
7 > [...]
8 >
9 > To the Council:
10 >
11 > What makes you accountable to this community? Why should we trust or
12 > respect you when you have nothing on the line except a title? What
13 > happens next if these affirmations are made? What's your angle, your
14 > real motivation?
15
16 The Gentoo Developer community has used GLEP 39 [1] for its
17 self-organization for the last 12 years. Our "real motivation" (speaking
18 as individual developers) is to keep it that way.
21 > How do you trust a Council member when they have nothing to lose by
22 > acting against the community?
23
24 I fail to see how trying to get an affirmation that the Gentoo
25 Foundation is still on board with GLEP 39 is "acting against the
26 community".
27
28 We have had a very public case of prometheanfire pushing for dissolving
29 the current metastructure and reorganizing the community under the
30 Foundation. Andreas and I, personally, disagree with that.
31
32 Best,
33 Matthias
34