From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Recruitment issues and potential improvement
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 15:57:41
1 On 13 February 2015 at 19:45, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 1:51 AM, NP-Hardass <np.hardass@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> So, in summary, my suggestion is to consider transforming the quiz process
5 >> into two separate sections, the first is a standard text based test like the
6 >> current system, and the second is an (semi-)interactive system where the
7 >> user has to problem solve, giving a more practical approach to quiz
8 >> questions.
11 > The current process is more interactive than the quiz itself might
12 > suggest. After the quiz is completed there is an interview to go over
13 > it. This allows for free discussion.
14 >
15 > One of the goals is to focus on interaction between the candidate and
16 > the recruiter, because they are assessing maturity/social skills/etc
17 > in addition to technical ones. In addition to having the knowledge
18 > that they shouldn't go messing with eclasses without posting them on
19 > -dev or whatever, we want to make sure they have the sense/maturity to
20 > actually do it.
21 >
22 > Certainly that is something that is impossible to accomplish in a
23 > perfect way, but it is still important.
24 >
25 > So, I'd probably focus more on interactivity between the candidate and
26 > a recruiter/mentor/whatever, and less on interactivity between the
27 > recruit and some kind of computer-based-training software.
28
29 Why not do both? I have been thinking along those lines too. I think
30 improvements are possible in both areas.
33 Cheers,
34
35 Ben | yngwin
36 Gentoo developer