From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 01:05:57
1 On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:37:46 PM EDT Chris Reffett wrote:
2 > On 11/02/2016 12:21 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:45:58 PM EDT Michael Palimaka wrote:
4 > >> On 31/10/16 08:22, Raymond Jennings wrote:
5 > >>> Have arch teams possibly certify more arch testers? If you can prove or
6 > >>> promise that your system is capable of testing packages for
7 > >>> stabilization, the arch team should be able to recruit you pretty much
8 > >>> no questions asked unless they have a reason otherwise.
9 > >>
10 > >> Unfortunately I've seen quite limited interest from new potential arch
11 > >> testers lately (compared to some years ago), and in the cases where
12 > >> someone did raise their hand there was nobody from the arch team
13 > >> available to work with them.
14 > >
15 > > One of many areas I would help out with if I could ever return. I joined
16 > > the amd64 team back in the day when I was a dev to help with
17 > > stabilization on that arch. Mostly Java stuff but some other.
18 >
19 > We get it, you want to come back.
20
21 Not really, there is more a need for someone, than want from me.
22
23 > You don't need to derail every other
24 > thread with how things were back in your day or reasons people should
25 > want you back, it won't help your case with anyone.
26
27 A simple comment is not derailing a thread. It was on topic. A council agenda
28 item may be lack of arch testers. The council knowing there are people who
29 could be tapped for such is on topic.
30
31 Unlike the rather rude reply which was completely unnecessary. I surely do not
32 go around telling others what they need do or not. Such posts would be better
33 direct than to a public list...
36 William L. Thomson Jr.