From: Chris Reffett <creffett@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 23:38:05
1 On 11/02/2016 12:21 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:45:58 PM EDT Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 >> On 31/10/16 08:22, Raymond Jennings wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Have arch teams possibly certify more arch testers? If you can prove or
6 >>> promise that your system is capable of testing packages for
7 >>> stabilization, the arch team should be able to recruit you pretty much
8 >>> no questions asked unless they have a reason otherwise.
9 >>
10 >> Unfortunately I've seen quite limited interest from new potential arch
11 >> testers lately (compared to some years ago), and in the cases where
12 >> someone did raise their hand there was nobody from the arch team
13 >> available to work with them.
14 >
15 > One of many areas I would help out with if I could ever return. I joined the
16 > amd64 team back in the day when I was a dev to help with stabilization on that
17 > arch. Mostly Java stuff but some other.
18 >
19 We get it, you want to come back. You don't need to derail every other
20 thread with how things were back in your day or reasons people should
21 want you back, it won't help your case with anyone.
22
23 creffett