From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] How do you feel about non-contributing developers with commit access?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 16:22:31
1 On 18-11-02 16:05:35, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > The Undertakers team has frequently received various forms of
5 > 'criticism' of their effort in attempting to find and retire inactive
6 > developers. This is getting as far as to claim that we shouldn't retire
7 > anyone because there are no limits on commit slots.
8 >
9 > Therefore, I would like to ask the wider community a general question:
10 > how do you feel about preserving commit access for people who no longer
11 > actively commit to Gentoo? I'm talking about extreme cases, say,
12 > no commits to any user-visible repository for over a year.
15 I'm not sure the exact time, but I think it shouldn't be user-visable,
16 but 'Gentoo' that should ben what's looked at.
17
18 As far as changing the developer to a non-committing developer, what
19 happens if they want to come back? Would they need to retake the quiz,
20 re-find a mentor/recruiter, etc?
23 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)