From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] GLEP 63 - was Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 01:56:53
1 On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 10:02:16AM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Anthony G. Basile
3 > <basile@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > One week until the council meeting. Just to make sure I'm not missing any
6 > > issues and we don't have a last minute rush, here's the agenda so far:
7 > >
8 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/council/council_agenda_20140311.txt
9 >
10 > Moving discussion to a separate thread (if my MUA isn't broken)...
11 >
12 > It looks like we actually want to approve the GLEP, but I think it is
13 > still a bit weak on documentation.
14 I should clarify something.
15
16 The role of the GLEP is to lock down the requirements, NOT the
17 interface, or exact how-to instructions.
18
19 As dolsen points out later in this thread, the gentoo-keys project will
20 help users, but I also foresee OTHER documentation on both creating new
21 keys and validating existing keys that comply with the requirement.
22
23 If you want to hold up the GLEP until the other documentation is
24 written, that's per your prerogative. I expect GnuPG to slightly change
25 it's prompts in newer versions as well, and the documentation should be
26 trivially updatable, while the requirements stay the same.
27
28 > The only instructions for creating keys reference two outside sources
29 > that aren't actually aligned with the policy as far as I can tell.
30 They are instructions on the process of creating a key. They don't use
31 the exact parameters.
34 Robin Hugh Johnson
35 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead
36 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
37 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85