From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-01-13: call for agenda items
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 14:25:57
1 Dean Stephens:
2 > On 12/29/14 15:06, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> I'll certainly agree that not everything needs a formal project.
4 >> However, if a project wants to have authority/autonomy beyond
5 >> anything-goes, then it should welcome members and elect a lead
6 >> regularly.
7 >>
8 > There is at least a defensible argument to be made that being able to
9 > reject applicants is more important to being able to maintain a coherent
10 > project than the often indicated duty to accept anyone who shows interest.
13 What about projects that don't even reject, but rather ignore
14 devs/contributors?
15
16 We tell them to elect a new lead, so we don't have to deal with the
17 people who screwed up, but can say "here, they formally are a functional
18 project according to a random glep... problem solved".